Subject RE: [IBO] Speed difference between TIBQuery and TIB_Query?
Author Jason Wharton
Yes, but this still isn't very helpful to resolve your speed issue.

More details please...

Jason Wharton
www.ibobjects.com

-----Original Message-----
From: sgharp [mailto:steve@...]
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 9:08 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] Speed difference between TIBQuery and TIB_Query?

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> At 03:42 PM 21/05/2004 -0400, you wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >
> >I have a short utility that I'm writing to run against a Firebird
database.
> >Using TIBQuery components (that come with D7), I can run the
process in 11
> >seconds. Using the exact same code but with TIB_Query
components, it takes
> >2 minutes and 3 seconds. I'm sure I'm not setting something up
correctly.
> >Any ideas? Why would IBObjects v4.3 be so much slower?

> Help us to help you by providing some information about what
you're trying
> to do...

I'm doing a query on a table with about 1500 records and then, for
each record, performing a calculation which requires other queries
(some joins) agains other tables to calculate a number and lastly,
update the original table with this number. For each record in the
first table, I might have to do from about 1 - 20 recursions. There
are 3 static query objects involved plus one query object that is
created dynamically within a recursive procedure.

I'm thinking that the performance difference must be a configuration
issue. If TIB_Query was that much slower than TIBQuery, it wouldn't
seem that IBObects would be so popular. 11 seconds compared to more
than 2 minutes is significant.