Subject Re: [IBO] InsertSQL
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:32 PM 3/05/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I am using TIB_Query and would like to define the following InsertQuery:
>
>insert into \"Note\"(\"NoteID\", \"Description\", \"NoteDate\")
> values(:\"NoteID\", :\"Description\", CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)
>
>where NoteID is a parameter I would like to assign when executing the
>Insert.
>I am not sure where or how to assign a value to this parameter.

If it's a column in the query *and* the query is in the InsertSQL property
of the ib_query *and* the query column & parameter have the same
identifier, you won't have to assign it--IBO will do it automatically.

Otherwise, in state dssInsert, event BeforePost:

Params[0].Value := aVariable;

Of course, if it's a GeneratorLink, you can just ignore it, since IBO will
fetch and assign it at the right time.

Helen