Subject RE: [IBO] Changing database path
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:40 AM 2/05/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Helen,
>
>Searched my disc and the IBO help file. Could not find aliases.conf. Could
>you send me a copy and let me know where it should be stored.

aliases.conf is not part of IBO, it is part of the Firebird 1.5 server. It
is located in the root directory of the Firebird installation (on the
server). Your application code only needs to know the alias. The Fb 1.5
client library will take care of resolving the alias when it requests the
connection. The database path does not travel on the wire at all.

Helen