Subject Re: [IBO] Update only of "Changed" fields...
Author jwharton@ibobjects.com
Set PreparedEdits to false and you will get a customized UPDATE SQL each time depending on what has changed.

Jason Wharton

Thanks Helen!

So on my BeforeOpen on the TIB_Query I checked for the Role and set the
correct EditSQL, which also makes the non-updatable fields read only in
the GUI - so perfect.

But I'm getting a bit greedy ;-)

As far as I can see Jason hasn't implemented a feature that queries
RDB$USER_PRIVILEGES for a specific table rights and sets its EditSQL.
Using a bit of bandwidth.

..well I guess I need to do some coding myself... :-(

Kind regards
Steffen Nyeland

Group IT Business Development & Integration
Hempel's Marine Paints A/S
Lundtoftevej 150, DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
Phone : (+45) 4527 3427 (Direct) Fax : (+45) 4588 5518

Helen Borrie <helebor@...>
07-04-2004 11:21
Please respond to IBObjects