Subject Re: [IBO] IBO4 Installation Crashing IDE
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:27 AM 23/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Yes I have delete all the old bpl files. I installed my machine
>from scratch so I shouldn't have old bpl files laying around from
>older version of IBO. I have deleted all the bpl files that I can
>find and am still having the problem.
>
>I have Delphi 5, Delphi 7, and Delphi 8 installed on my machine. I
>don't think this should be a problem because this setup was working
>for me before.

It has caused problems for me more than once, to reinstall a lower Delphi
when I have higher ones on the machine. These days, if I'm setting up a
new disk, I always try to install the lowest Delphi first and the others
after, in order of age, to avoid that hassle.

Another thing I *always* have to do with D4 and D5 is replace the
"$(DELPHI) with the actual hard path in all the library paths. It would be
worth a try, at least.
This problem definitely relates in some fashion to the way the Delphi path
is being resolved. Hacking the paths usually solves it - at least until
next time you need to reinstall the lower Delphi version. That exception
is reporting an actual GPF, not unreferenced memory, which really suggests
some kind of collision like a wrong bpl being used.

fwiw, I have IBO 4.3Aa installed in D5 Ent. It went in without any
dramas. I didn't install 4.3A on its own at all. I don't have D8 here.

Helen