Subject RE: [IBO] Zero suppressing input fields
Author Kevin Stanton
That's kind of what I thought and was/am heading in that direction.
Thanks,
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Aage Johansen [mailto:aagjohan@...]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 11:21 AM
To: ibObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] Zero suppressing input fields

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:14:56 +0000 (UTC), Kevin Stanton wrote:

> I have a situation that my users are kind of complaining about (not kind
of,
> they are complaining) :
> Using the IBO Native controls, if a value in a currency/numeric field is
> zero, a zero shows in the TIB_Edit control.
> The way some of my users click around, they can easily enter $3000
instead
> of what they really want: $300.
> Is there a way to suppress/remove this zero from showing up??

If the value is zero, it should show as zero.
If the field is Null, it should appear as empty.

Maybe you could (in some event/trigger) change the zeros to Nulls?

--
Aage J.

IB Objects - direct, complete, custom connectivity to Firebird or
InterBase

http://www.ibobjects.com - your IBO community resource for Tech Info
papers,

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor