Subject Re: [IBO] IB_ctrlGrid and IB_Image
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:44 AM 17/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> > At 04:37 AM 17/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
> > >Hi all.
> > >
> > >I am using an IB_ctrlGrid in a D7/FB1.5 application to display a
> > >large amount of data on-screen and it works perfectly.
> > >I now need to display an icon on the grid but when I do so I get
>the
> > >error 'Bitmap image is not valid'.
> > >I have tried to find the source of the problem but, so far, I have
> > >been unsuccessful and I am running out of time.
> > >
> > >I would appreciate it if anyone can help or give me some pointers.
> >
> > Sounds as though it's not a .bmp file...
> >
> > Helen
>
>Helen
>
>Thanks for your reply.
>I load the icon image into the database via
>IB_Image1.Picture.Icon.LoadFromFile(FileName) so I am assuming it is
>an icon.
>Is this the problem? Is there a better way?

An .ico file is a different image format to .bmp. TImage and descendants
work with .bmp format. I don't know of a data-aware control that can
either represent or convert an .ico file. (Means nothing - I just don't
know!) Thomas Steinmaurer has a TIB_JPegImage...but Jpeg doesn't help you
with .ico either.

Helen