Subject Re: [IBO] Schema Load
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:20 PM 16/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>How do i disable the schema load?
>
>I'm having terrible delays on remote access due to the load of the
>database schema when i first open some dataset. This behavior was
>not present in IBO 4.2. How can i disable it?

It was present in IBO 4.2, as long as you had a value in the SchemaCacheDir
property of your TIB_Connection. Just delete it.

>By the way, what is it for?

It is for caching the metadata on the client side. It makes for slow
stable system, it won't be loaded if the client's cache is up-to-date. You
would notice the cost of having no local schema on a slow network but not
so much on a fast one.

Helen