Subject Re: [IBO] IBOAdmin Backup
Author Don Gollahon
""Eddie Bush"" <eabush@...> wrote in message
news:<03b301c406f6$4d38dc30$240110ac@eddie>...
> See pg 277+ of the DevGuide.pdf doco. I don't remember what I had done
wrong to produce that error, but I initially had the exact same problem. It
does work though :-)

> Regards,
>
> Eddie

Still won't work. Now it says operation canceled by user. Here's what I've
got:

IBOBackupService1 := TIBOBackupService.Create(nil);
with IBOBackupService1 do
begin
Params.Add('user_name=xxxx');
Params.Add('password=yyyy');
try
Verbose := True;
Options := [IgnoreLimbo];
DatabaseName := gIP+':'+gFBPath;
vBFile := extractfilepath(gFBPath)+'syncBkUp.fbk';
BackupFile.Add(vBFile);
Active := True;
ServiceStart;
while not eof do
begin
Application.ProcessMessages;
Screen.Cursor := crHourGlass;
Memo1.Lines.Add(GetNextLine);
Memo1.Update;
end;
Memo1.Lines.Add('Backup file - ' + vBFile);
Memo1.Lines.Add('Backup complete...');
finally
Active := False;
screen.cursor := crdefault;
end; //try/finally
end;//with...

It
> fails on the attach with a "SPB constant not supported." Does anyone
have a
> simple example of how this works?
>
> I've tried to email the author but can't get an email thru. He has a
spam
> blocker and when I get the email from it the link doesn't work to verify
the
> email.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>

> ---

> IB Objects - direct, complete, custom connectivity to Firebird or
InterBase