Subject Re: [IBO] Isolating TransActions
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:57 AM 1/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Greetings All
>I have a situation where I have 2 transaction components on a form
>with different query and datasource components linking to each because
>I want to keep the queries for each transaction separate.
>The thing is that when i try to insert on one of the queries the
>status of the other transaction (the one the query is not using)
>changes from Inactive to active.

Can you explain what you mean by "inactive" and "active", with respect to
your transactions? What I mean is, what is happening that leads you to
think that activity in one transaction is affecting the other?

>This shouldn't be as far as I can see
>because the query isn't using that transaction, it even makes no
>difference if I have separate connection components for each of the
>transactions. why is the separate transaction being affected by things
>that should be unrelated?

It doesn't happen. The fact that a certain dataset is "in insert mode"
doesn't affect any transaction: not even the one that that is commanding
that dataset.

We need more information about what you think you are seeing.

Helen