Subject Re: [IBO] IBO and Firebird Compatibility
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:58 AM 27/02/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm using IBO 4.2I with D6 Pro to devellop applications connected to a
>Firebird 1.0.3 server. I would like to migrate to FB 1.5. Is my
>version of IBO compatible with FB 1.5 (and with his new features), or
>must I migrate to a most recent version of IBO ?

Yes and No.

If you are prepared to configure your server to have the
OldParameterOrdering parameter (in firebird.conf) true, then you can expect
your old IBO apps to behave properly with parameters. Setting this
parameter to true affects the whole server, not just one database or one
application. Those versions of IBO handled a very old InterBase bug with
parameters...that is still present in Firebird 1.0.3.

If you want IBO to detect and handle Fb 1.5 (bug-fixed) parameter ordering
without configuring the server, then you need IBO 4.3Aa or higher.

OldParameterOrdering is a "temporary indulgence" to give users of old IBO
versions time to upgrade. It will be taken out sometime during the
forthcoming Firebird development cycle.

Helen