Subject Re: [IBO] Stored Procedures in Services
Author jwharton@ibobjects.com
It also takes another interaction of some sort to trip up the error. It's a little difficult to repeat at times. I had egg all over my
face at a Borcon when I had a rare moment to pull Charlie (chief IB engineer) aside and show him the problem. It
confounded me and worked multiple times. I didn't have something else in the mix to trip it up. Had I been more
successful, this bug could have been fixed a year or two faster than it was.

Regards,
Jason Wharton

At 06:56 PM 20/02/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm using version 4.3.Aa of IBO and Interbase 6.0 with a gds32.dll
>version of 6.2.0.794.

OK, then you *are* looking at the XSQLDA bug. Replaceable parameters don't
work properly in IB 6 - you will usually get a correct result the first
time you run the procedure and then the parameters are scrambled on
successive executions.

Although Jason coded in a workaround for executable DML statements, there
is no cure for stored procs. You need to explicitly call Unprepare after
execution and then call Prepare again before you apply new parameter values
and execute again.

>What is even stranger is that I only get the message length error on
>Window Nt 4.0 or Windows 2000 server but not on Windows XP Pro. All
>using the same IBO and GDS version.

My guess is that you only ran it once on XP Pro.

Do I need to tell you that that is not the only disgusting bug in IB
6.0? I hope your database is only a toy. :-)

Actually, the XSQLDA bug wasn't fixed in Firebird until 1.5.

Helen