Subject RE: [IBO] Make a custom control data aware
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:23 PM 15/12/2004 +1100, you wrote:

> > Hi Alan,
> >
> > "Alan McDonald" wrote:
> > > I can't see much about what this component is. Is it just another
> > > wrapper for the M$ riched control?
> >
> > No, as far as I can see. If I recall it correct, this is the RichEdit from
> > RXTools, which was donated to the Jedi-Project. It is very
> > feature rich and
> > (thats, what I am interested in), one can paste graphics in it. The Jedi
> > demo project for the Richedit is very good.

I doubt that you would easily create a data-aware control from this. From
an IBO standpoint, for development ease, performance and flexibility, I'd
be looking at streaming back and forth directly between TJvRichEdit and a
non-text blob. Native IBO is brilliant at this. You could make some kind
of reusable panel class that works consistently. There might be already
such an example with the JVCL; or you could adapt the demo code.

>can you give me a link? the richedit controls at Jedi appear unfinished at
>best.

The sources at the Project JEDI website *are* "unfinished", in the sense
that they are mainly API header translations that are not used alone.

If you want completed controls, download the Jedi-VCL package from
CodeCentral. (It's a bind - but PJ has been waiting for two years for
promised FTP space from Borland). You'll need to link through from
delphi-jedi.org to the relevant Sourceforge pages of the JVCL project for
information, and (possibly) the JCL project pages too. JCL (Jedi Code
Library) is a huge package of routines and non-visual classes; many of the
JVCL classes depend on the JCL. Usually the JCL is included with the JVCL
packages.

Helen