Subject Re: [IBO] Employee.gdb
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:09 PM 13/12/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>I just noticed that I get an error trying to open the PROJ_DEPT_BUDGET table
>in the Employee.gdb that comes with Delphi 6 pro when using IBO 4.3 Aa.
>IBExpress opens it fine. The error is:
>
>ISC ERROR CODE:335544569
>
>ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
>Dynamic SQL Error
>SQL error code = -104
>Token unknown - line 3, char 10
>YEAR

Don't use that database - Borland hasn't upgraded it to be "legal" with ODS
10 and higher servers (where YEAR is a reserved word).

I don't know what is in the constellation with your IBX connection, if IBX
will open that table. It would have to be that it is connecting to an IB
5.x server, 'cos "SELECT YEAR FROM PROJ_DEPT_BUDGET" is simply illegal SQL
under IB6 and Firebird.

The employee.fdb that's in your Firebird 1.5 installation *has* been
upgraded. Amongst other things, it's a dialect 3 database and all of the
illegal identifiers have been replaced. OTOH, if the version of IBX that
you are using hard-wires a dialect 1 connection, you'd have other troubles.

Helen