Subject RE: [IBO] ServerAutoCommit
Author Riho-Rene Ellermaa
No, I don't use cached updates (not knowingly at least). Sometimes I
couldn't even change the ServerAutoCommit parameter value in
ObjectInspector

I have now put
ServerAutoCommit=false;
everywhere it happened

Riho Ellermaa

_____

From: Jason Wharton [mailto:jwharton@...]
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 5:10 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Cc: Helen Borrie (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [IBO] ServerAutoCommit

Riho,

Do you have any additional insight with this issue?
The only app I ever saw this in was the Contact sample app.
I believe it was due to cached updates.
Did your application use cached updates too?

Please let me know.

If so, then that problem should be resolved with the next
release. I found
where a node was getting put in two lists. The free-list of
nodes and the
secondary cache list of nodes. This should never happen and
only did in
rare circumstances. However, once there it was freed twice when
the
statement was unprepared or freed once and then still attempted
to be used.
What this would do is write into memory in an invalid way
somehow. That is
the only thing I can think of.

I'd love to have you test the beta for my next release. Please
let me know
if you are interested.

Regards,
Jason Wharton

however. If
> you can
> provide me with a sample app that consistently
reproduces this
> problem I
> would be very grateful.
>
> Jason Wharton

> ---------------------~-->
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/PhFolB/TM
> -------~->

> _____________
> IB Objects - direct, complete, custom connectivity to
> Firebird or InterBase
> without the need for BDE, ODBC or any other
layer.

___
IB Objects - direct, complete, custom connectivity to Firebird
or InterBase

___
http://www.ibobjects.com - your IBO community resource for Tech
Info papers,

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129u6roh1/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/
D=groups/S=1705007183:HM/EXP=1099102209/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12i42a8ch/*htt
p://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=10990158096
16935>
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129u6roh1/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/
D=groups/S=1705007183:HM/EXP=1099102209/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12i42a8ch/*htt
p://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=10990158096
16935>

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada

<http://view.atdmt.com/VON/view/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1099