Subject Re: [IBO] How to set IBODatabase.SweepInterval
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:41 AM 25/10/2004 +0000, you wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I have problem to set the SweepInterval in both IBODatabase object or
>TIBDatabaseInfo object.
>
>TIBDatabaseInfo.SweepInterval is read only, can not reset.
>When I set IBODatabase.SweepInterval := 0, run delphi in debug mode,
>the WORD value of SweepInterval stays at 20000.
>
>Is there a way to set SweepInterval from Delphi code instead change
>physically through IBConsole?

Not with data access components. It's a database-wide setting (affects all
users) and its therefore read-only on connections. It has to be set by
SYSDBA or Owner in shutdown mode.

You could write a little app to do it, using the TIBOConfigService
component from IBOAdmin (see the Contributed Code page at the IBO
website). You can both perform a database shutdown and set the sweep
interval through that component.

Helen