Subject Re: [IBO] Re: Accessing 'previous' values during posting/commiting
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:49 AM 14/10/2004 +0000, you wrote:

>Slight improvement - I don't get the error message any more, but the
>values written to the text file are the new values, not the old ones!
>
>Any ideas why this may be?

Once the new value has been posted to the database, the new and old values
become the same. On the client side, the "oldness" and "newness" of a
value refers to its value in the buffer. Old and new are the same until
you change something in the buffer; between changing the value and posting,
they are different; once you post, the changes are beyond the
application's control and the "oldness" and "newness" are invalidated.

So read your oldvalues in the BeforePost event.

Sorry for the bum steer on casting the variants, btw; I forgot that
structure wasn't itself a TIB_Row.

Helen