Subject Re: [IBO] Master Detail with IBO
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:24 AM 12/10/2004 +0000, you wrote:

>When a user moves from ojne record to another in a master IBODataset I
>need a detail IBODataset to change accordingly. Setting the datasource
>property doesn;t seem to work?? Is there soething more that I need to do?

With the TDataset-compatible comps, yes. Exactly as with its VCL ancestor,
the TDataset can't make the link if the name of the linking detail column
does not exact;u match the name, type and, in the case of a composite key,
the left-to-right order, of the primary key (or its KeyLinks, to be more
exact) in the master.

If that is your case, then use a parameterised query in the detail set,
with a WHERE clause that specifies the link column(s). Then, by linking
the detail's Datasource property to the master's datasource, the master's
PK (i.e. KeyLinks) will be used to populate the detail's WHERE clause
when the master's scroll event occurs.

Helen