Subject Re: TIB_Grid and multiselect
Author Marco Menardi
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:

> > > Setting IndicateSelected to false will prevent the grid from
> >participating
> > > in row selection behaviour. Is that what you're after?
> >

> >Hi Helen,
> >
> >That's done it. Thanks.
> >
> >One more question if you don't mind.
> >
> >Is there a way to make the TIB_Grid hide the current record selection
> >when it's not focused? (My client is getting a little picky...<g>)
> >
> >Like the HideSelection property of a TListView?
>
> Doubtful. The ancestry is different. TCustomGrid doesn't deliver it.
>
> Worth waiting till Marco Menardi comes online. I think he has done
some
> fiddling about with customgrid descendants.
>
> Helen

Sorry Helen, but it was not me.
About focus, I've mixed feelings about that.
a) I would like to have the user know when the grid is the current
"focus" or not
but...
b) if the user is focused outside the grid, but he clicks upon a
IB_UpdateBar (i.e. delete button) he has to know what is the current
record.
I suppose a good thing could be having the grid *border* "highlighted"
when the grid is in focus, and/or have another color for the current
row when the grid is not the current control (i.e. gray background, or
something user selectable).
Anyway, my setup for IB_Grid, when I don't want the current record
appear as it has the focus, I set:
RowSelect = False
IndicateHighlight = False
When the grid is not focused, only the current COLUMN of the grid is
highlighted, not the whole row.
best regards
Marco Menardi