Subject Re: [IBO] How To Know, Whether TIB_DSQL has returned any records or not ?
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:11 PM 3/07/2003 +0530, you wrote:
>Dear Friends,
>
>while using select statement with TIB_DSQL is ther any way to know that it
>has returned any records or not
>
>i m getting an following error if my select doesnt return any records
>and if i use RowsSelected
>
>"SELECT GROUPID FROM GROUPINFO WHERE GROUPNAME = ?AGroupName"
>

>ISC Error Code = 335544374;
>Error message = "attempt to fetch past the last record in a record stream";

That's because TIB_DSQL is not a dataset component. You can only perform
DML (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and EXECUTE PROCEDURE) or DDL with it and
Execute it. (You can read the output parameters from an executed SP in the
Fields[] array, that's all.)

Use the dataset classes TIB_Cursor or TIB_Query for SELECT statements.

Helen