Subject Re: [IBO] Re: FW: IBO seems slower for some things compared with the BDE
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At June 27, 2003, 21:30, IB Objects wrote:

> I suggest that your database must have a lot of tables/fields/etc and the
> queries I have on the metadata are not so quick since there are no default
> indexes on metadata tables.

> Please examine the queries I use in the SQL trace monitor and see if some of
> them are performing poorly. Then, once those are identified, try creating
> some indexes that would allow the server to perform those queries much
> faster.

Luckily, FB 1.5 now has indexes on the metadata tables. The indexes
are only created once the database is restored under FB 1.5. The
reasoning to add these indexes in FB 1.5, was for the same reasons
that Rhett mentioned. Although, the developer that decided to put
them in isn't using IBO, just adding the indices also helped in
increasing Firebird's performance.

> It would also be useful to make a TI on this so that we can assist others
> who have larger metatada definitions in their databases.

It would be useful for those still using Interbase or FB 1.0.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail