Subject Re: [IBO] Links question
Author Svein Erling Tysvaer
Hi Tim!

At 13:43 26.06.2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Can anybody explain the JoinLinks to me? I simple write the SQL into the
>SQL property ... *blush*

No reason to blush, I think this is the best way to use IBO. Use what you
need and learn something more when (and if) you need to.

JoinLinks isn't complicated. Say you've got a query like

SELECT <whatever>
FROM A, B
WHERE A.ID = B.AID
AND A.TIM = 'YES'

Then you have to fill

A.ID=B.AID

into JoinLinks to tell IBO how these tables are joined together (well, this
example may be simple enough for IBO to work it out by itself, but at least
that's the theory).

However, if your query was

SELECT <whatever>
FROM A
JOIN B ON A.ID = B.AID
WHERE A.TIM = 'YES'

then IBO would get the JoinLinks from the JOIN clause and you could simply
forget that this property exists. That's what I have done, so I cannot even
say for sure that what I filled into the JoinLinks above is 100% correct.

Set