Subject Re: [IBO] Freezing connecting from Win32 application
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:53 AM 19/06/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>I'm using a Win32 application working whith interbase.
>Tis app work good with win interbase 6.0.2.
>When i connect to a gdb on redhat 9.1 (firebirdSS 1.0.3972-0.64IO) from
>Win Ibconsole, queries are working good, when i use thw win 32 app, i can
>connect to gdb but at the first query, the app freeze.
>If i attempt to stop ibserver, it return me an error: failed to connect to
>host localhost.

You have to use KILL to end a process on Linux (look it up in the manual)
and you can't use TCP/IP local loopback - you have to call it directly from
the shell.

>Iptables is setted to "no firewall" and zone alarm is actually down on my
>Win2000 pc

Well, it's not a firewall problem anyway, since you managed to connect to
the database.

You need to provide the SQL of the query that is hanging up.

Helen