Subject Re: [IBO] automatic fill other fields
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:57 AM 15/06/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Iam sorry Helen for not making myself clear ... What I mean by
>automatic fill data is this ... Try to imagine this scenario ...
>
>In my product table I have the itemID, itemName, ItemUnit,
>ItemExpireDate
>... my invoicedetails table I have invoiceID, itemID, itemName,
>ItemUnit, ItemExpireDate, QtyOrder.
>

>What Iam trying to say is if in TIB_lookupcombo I have choosen a
>particular item, that corresponding ItemName, ItemUnit,
>ItemExpireDate in the invoicedetails table will be filled up. these
>column really exists in the database They are not lookupresult
>column...

The TIB_LookupCombo is not called "TIB_DetailCombo", is it?
I think I've already mentioned that the Lookup relationship is NOT
master-detail. You can't implement a master-detail relationship using the
"engine" behind the TIB_LookupCombo. The Keysource-Lookup relationship
links ONE parent lookup key to one item of lookup information. The
relationship is logically the inverse of master-detail (one lookup row can
point to many parent rows, whereas one detail row can point to one and only
one parent row).

TIB_LookupCombo is "double-data-aware" for this specific purpose of
implementing a drop-down lookup for a lookup key.

There are ways to use this control as a supplier of data to another
structure, by not setting up anything at all for the Key... properties of
the set and reading the current row of the underlying
dataset. Master-detail is between complicated and impossible to implement
this way, and the control can't be embedded in a grid.

Helen