Subject Re: [IBO] keyrelations,joinrelelations
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:18 PM 9/06/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>In order to avoid lookup-fields I want to make a query with joins
>which must be updatable in IB-objects. I tried to figure it out with
>joins and keyrelations but I don't get it. Are there any examples how
>to use those fields ? What I want to do is something like:
>
>SELECT
> a.order,b.name,c.description
>FROM
> tableA a, tableB b, tableC c
>WHERE
> a.orderID := b.orderID
>AND
> a.orderID := c.orderID
>
>So, b.name and c.description are fields I don't want to update, but
>tableA (a.order and a.adress) must be insertable and updateable

Where you want to update only one table in the joined set, just set
RequestLive to true and set the KeyRelation property to the name of the
table whose columns are to be updatable (TableA in this case). In this
query you have omitted the primary key of TableA from the set. You must
include it - otherwise the client doesn't know how to find the record to
update. And, if TableA's primary key is a generator, then identify that
fact in GeneratorLinks.

Helen