Subject Re: [IBO] TIBGrid Question
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:32 AM 18/04/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>I am using a TIBGrid in conjunction with TIBQuery. I am Querying for Name
>and Pin number using the TIBQuery. I bind the TIBQuery to the TIBDatasource
>and bind the TIBDatasource to the TIBGrid.
>
>The problem is that I get an extra field showing up in the grid called 'DB
>KEY'. Does anyone know what this is and why it is showing up and how I can
>make it not visible.

Assuming you are using TIB_Query and TIB_Datasource, not TIBQuery...

DB_Key is appearing in your output set because your table has no primary
key. It can't be used to make your output set updatable; but it will be
OK if your query is just for reading.

To make ANY ib_query column invisible in the ib_grid, just go into the
Fields Editor, prepare the query, go to the Field Properties tab, select
the DB_KEY column and set its VISIBLE property to False.

Helen