Subject RE: [IBO] Scripting problem
Author Riho-Rene Ellermaa
Now it works with Firebird, but.... (there is always a but)
With Interbase 6.0.0.627 SET AUTODLL ON doesn't work - or at least I had to put lots of commits to my scripts to get it working
Is this normal?

Riho-Rene Ellermaa
senior programmer
Hansabank

-----Original Message-----
From: Helen Borrie [mailto:helebor@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 1:25 PM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [IBO] Scripting problem

At 10:46 AM 10/04/2003 +0200, you wrote:

>Why does it work in IBAdmin then? Well, I guess it has enabled a kind of
>AUTO COMMIT
>on DDL statements.
>
>Try to put a COMMIT after *each* DDL statement and re-run the script and
>see if
>that helps.

In fact, if you start the DDL script with the statement
SET AUTODDL ON
or just
SET AUTO
then the engine will create one transaction for each DDL statement and
autocommit it for you. --- note, this only works for DDL statements.

Don't mix up DDL and DML - either complete the DDL first, before beginning
the DML; or split it into two scripts. You can "chain" scripts together
by making the last line of the script
INPUT 'C:\DATA\SCRIPTS\SCRIPT2.SQL'; <remember a CRLF>