Subject Re: [IBO] TIBOQuery bug?
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At March 27, 2003, 15:37, nevillerichards wrote:

> I think I understand what you are trying to tell me, but it doesn't explain
> why the query should have worked four times exactly as I (perhaps
> erroneously) expected, and blew up on the fifth. Neither have I come across
> the same limitation in Borland's (sorry) TQuery.

Sometimes the BDE is more forgiving. Also are you connecting to your
database with Dialect 1 or Dialect 3? And, which version of Interbase
or Firebird are you using?

> If I can't use the same parameter at two different places in a query, or as
> you put it: I can't apply the same parameter to two different columns, why
> doesn't something tell me that, rather than just blowing up?

What are the datatypes of the 2 columns? If the datatypes are
significantly different(one varchar bigger than the other), then you
might encounter problems. I'm currently using queries where the same
parameter name is used with against more than one column, but I make
sure the columns are of the same datatype and almost the same size.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail