Subject Re: [IBO] Newbie -- Installation Problem
Author stewartwarren
Hi Paul:

I took the purist approach, changed the source, and rebuilt.

--- In, Paul Vinkenoog <paul@v...> wrote:
> Hi Warren,
> > I got IBO4 to compile Ok with CBuilder 5 Pro. I have not yet made
> > the source code changes shown below. The problem was that
> > 5 just refused to find the obj and lib files. The missing files
> > were either in the "inter" folder or the $(BCB)\Lib folder, both
> > which were in the search path. To get it to compile, I added the
> > explicit paths to the libray search list: C:\Program
> > Files\Borland\CBuilder5 \Lib\ and C:\ibo4\inter. Now it compiles
> > without linker errors.
> $(BCB)\lib is in the default BCB lib path, and it's also in the IBO
> project files (.bpk). It shouldn't be necessary to specify it again
> an absolute path. But I recall your problem here was with
> which the linker wanted to find as COPKG32.OBJ (letter O instead of
> zero). Or was that just a typo in your email?
> inter is not in the default lib path and I wouldn't put it there if
> were you. It's also not in the project lib path of IBO40VRT_C5.BPK
> (the one you had linker problems with). It doesn't hurt to put it
> but it shouldn't be necessary because in the OBJFILES section, all
> object files are specified as
> inter\IB_NavigationBar.obj
> inter\IB_ActionNavigate.obj
> etc... only inter\IBD_Restructure.obj is completely missing. This
> leads to a linker error, because IB_SearchBar specifies
> IBD_Restructure in the uses clause.
> (IBD_Restructure.pas is in the project dir, so that one is found and
> compiled to inter\IBD_Restructure.obj, but the latter is not found
> the linker.)
> Now, adding inter\IBD_Restructure.obj to OBJFILES (as it is in
> IBO40VRT_C6.BPK) solves that error. But so does adding inter to the
> lib path, because in that case the linker also looks there to find
> object files.
> > Paul: Do I still need to make the source changes?
> The build was succesful. There might be some code missing from your
> build now (a couple of extern declarations) but that doesn't seem to
> hurt: I just built it "your way" myself and the ibdRestructure
> still worked.
> If you want to check for yourself: drop a TIB_SearchBar somewhere
> on a form (or better: use an existing one), open its property
> VisibleButtons in the Object Inspector and set sbRestructure to
> true. Run the app and click on the extra button that has now
> in the SearchBar. This opens a dialog where you can hide/unhide
> in a query, and change the field ordering.
> However, being a purist I'd certainly drop inter from the libpath,
> make the 3 changes in the source files (*) and rebuild IBO40VRT_C5
> --but I'll leave it entirely to your own conscience if you want to
> follow that advice ;-)
> (*)
> It turns out to be even simpler: if you open the project and just
> insert the line
> USEFORMNS("IBD_Restructure.pas", Ibd_restructure, dlgRestructure);
> into the cpp file, and then click "Save all", the 2 changes in the
> project file (.bpk) are made automagically.
> Greetings,
> Paul