Subject Re: Problem changing data in TIB_LookupCombo and TIB_Grid components
Author Phil Horst
Thanks Helen,

> At 04:04 PM 14/03/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> >I am relatively new to IBO and still learning the ins and outs of it.
> >have practically memorized the article "Configuring TIB_LookupCombo"
> >and still cannot resolve the following problem. If anyone can tell me

> >what I am missing, I would be very grateful - not to mention able to
> >move forward again with my project!
> >
> >Situation: I using TIB_Grid in read-only mode
>
> If the grid is in read-only mode, it can't be edited from the user
> interface. The lookup key will poll out correctly to the
> Lookup dataset but any changes requested via the UI will fail.

I did consider that having the grid in read-only mode was the problem -
however the problem still persists when the grid is set to ReadOnly :=
False.

Just to check if you were "hearing" me correctly. . . . I am not
intending to update the columns in the grid. I have separate lookupcombo
components on my form - from which I want to update the fields. Does
your statement apply to this situation?

Regards,
Phil Horst