Subject Re: Inserting with a TIB_Query
Author Marco Menardi
What about:
Prepare
Insert
Post / Cancel

I usually never "open" queries, I put them in Search state (set also
query ColorScheme to true). Then the user, thank to my IB_WorkBar (see
file in the Files section of this group) and IB_SearchBar, can search
for an existing record or insert a new one, then post + commit.
This avoids useless fetch from the server and lan + server load, and
always terminates transactions (while CommitRetaining used by
Autocommit does not).
regards
Marco Menardi