Subject Re: [IBO] Installation of IBO on BCPP 6 Professional
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:17 PM 12/03/2003 -0300, you wrote:
>Dear friends,
>I'm having problems to install IBO4 on BCPP 6 Professional. I used the doc
>"How_to_Install.txt" and found it not user friendly. Perhaps because my
>little experience in BCPP it is possible that I am making some steps
>wrongly, or I am not making some steps that the doc consider "not
>necessary to say"

True: it is assumed that you know what is needed to build libraries in
BCCP. There is more to it than in Delphi - you have to build .obj files
first, I understand.
>.
>Please, do you know if there is another documentation available? User
>friendly?

We don't have any tutorials for teaching novice BCCP users how to use the
IDE. You may find something useful on the Borland site about BCCP "basics".

There is a doc on the TechInfo page of the website that contains some tips
for BCCP users regarding IBO.

The doc How_to_Install.txt is applicable to the evaluation kit, not the
full source version.

You can't install the evaluation kit in BCPPBuilder, as is quite clearly
explained on the Download page. If this is your problem, please go back
there and follow the instructions for BCCP users.

If you are using the Professional edition there are probably some IBO
libraries which won't install. If this is your problem, then you need to
read the install doc again and follow the recommendations there.

If none of the above solve your problems, post a description of your
problem here. It's not enough to say "it doesn't work". You need to
describe WHAT doesn't work, and someone will be able to help you.

Helen