Subject Re: [IBO] Rollback to a point, not all the changes
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At December 10, 2003, 13:40, Nando Dessena wrote:
> IIRC it was Delphi 4, but I have nothing older than Delphi 5 at hand
> to check.

Delphi 4 is the correct answer. This is from the book "Delphi 4
Developer's Guide" from Teixeira and Pacheco.

J>> I could also name it differently to avoid the problem.

Maybe something like:
- CreateSavePoint(SavePointName)
- RollBackToSavePoint(SavePointName)
- ReleaseSavePoint(SavePointName) -> this is to add support for
RELEASE SAVEPOINT <identifier> [ONLY]

J>> PS. Doing a rollback seems quite painful with Firebird 1.5. I wonder if it
J>> is because of extra stuff necessary to implement this feature...

> I think savepoints in Firebird 1.5 are just an old internal feature
> that was surfaced and given a SQL syntax.
> I'm not experiencing anything slower in Firebird 1.5. You might want
> to raise your concerns in fb-devel, though.

I think Nando might be right.

Here's what I understand of the nwe SAVEPOINT implementation in FB
1.5. Nothing is supposed to have changed in regards to the normal
transaction handling. The new DSQL SAVEPOINTS commands are just
supposed to give better handling of the overall transaction. So that a
partial ROLLBACK in a transaction is possible.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail