Subject Re: [IBO] Rollback to a point, not all the changes
Author Frank Ingermann
Hi Jason,

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Wharton" <jwharton@i...> wrote:
> To be more clear, you actually need to use:
>
> T<myIBOClass>.ExecuteImmediate( 'SAVEPOINT A', nil );
>
> And
>
> T<myIBOClass>.ExecuteImmediate( ROLLBACK TO A', nil );
>
> In order for this to work. Neither the SavePoint or LosePoint
methods will
> do you any good for taking advantage of this functionality. I could
perhaps
> be tempted into supplying an overloaded version of those methods
with the
> name parameter but I'm not yet convinced this is how I would want to
> implement them.
>
> Ideas?

hmm, since this is a Transaction-related command, why not
implement:

TIB_Transaction.Savepoint('MySavePointName');

and

TIB_Transaction.RollBackTo('MySavePointName'); ?

wouldn't interfere with any existing stuff and would
be pretty self-explanatory imo. Just raise an exception
if it's used against a non-FB1.5-server...

cheers,
Frank