Subject Re: [IBO] Can't connect to password table
Author hwelmore2002 <hwelmore@kimbanet.com>
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> At 06:51 PM 15/01/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> >Runing FB WI-V6.2.794, Win NT 4.0 Server, Win 95 Client upgraded to
> >Winsock 2.0. Using Delphi 4.0 and the server is running.
> >When trying to run tutorial that came with IBObjects, I get the
error
> >message 'cannot attach to password table'.
> >Does this mean that a connection to the server is failing?
>
> Fairly likely; but it could mean that the server isn't running;
or that
> the isc4.gdb database is not found in the place where the server
expects it
> to be. It should be in the server's root directory.

That's where isc4.gdb is.

> Do you have any success connecting to the server from this client
using IB_SQL?

No. Having problems connecting to the server. I've been posting in
ib_support about the connect problem. Have had good responses from
forum members. But no one has figured out why I can't connect. Will
keep working to solve that problem. It has been extremely frustrating
though

Thanks for your response
Wayne