Subject Re: Varchar(500) to ftMemo ?
Author Edson Luis Gonçalez
Hi thanks,

I can't set fieldtype in persistent mode because my query is every
modified at runtime. The Fields, types, column positions, all are
variable, and will be run equal to fields in select statement.

Examples for my "Search Form" (like LOV => List of values in Oracle
Forms Developer, to show and select a record and values):

Example: form 1 call function parsing => select id, name from persons
+----------+------------------+
! integer ! varchar !
+----------+------------------+
> id ! name !
! id ! name !
+----------+------------------+

Example: form 2 call function parsing => select name, id from persons
+---------------+-------------+
! varhcar ! integer !
+---------------+-------------+
> name ! id !
! name ! id !
+---------------+-------------+

Is only 1 (one) TIBOQuery for any sql statement, modified at run time
by function:

return_item_id := func_call_search_form('select vlr, descr from
elg_tab_erro');

The function apply these sql, open, search table for criteria (in
edit box), return currente selected ID for record or 0 (zero) if no
one has selected)

All forms in my application have to call and show this "global" form
to show and select values in the DBGrid, and finally return a value
selected.

How can to do this functionality ?

Regards

Edson Luis Gonçalez

--- In IBObjects@y..., "Jason Wharton" <jwharton@i...> wrote:
> Use persistent fields and change it to a TStringField.
> By default strings over 255 in length are handled by a TMemoField
for
> reasons of how MIDAS deals with them. It also seems most likely
that the
> text in there will be more of text than a string.
>
> Jason Wharton
> CPS - Mesa AZ
> http://www.ibobjects.com
>
> -- We may not have it all together --
> -- But together we have it all --

DBGrid
> > appears only the description '(MEMO)', ?!?!?!?
> >
> > I don't understand... the field VLR was displayed ok, but field
DESCR is
> > converted :-(
> >
> > Other problem is, when i use a UDF function in select statement
the string
> > return as blob (ftMemo), why ?
> >
> > Please, sorry for my english, and i stand by for any sugestions or
> solutions
> > to solve my problem.

> > Thanks

> > Edson Luis Gonçalez - Ribeirão Preto / SP / Brasil
> > Membro da Comunidade Firebird de Língua Portuguesa
> > http://www.comunidade-firebird.org - "Onde o Firebird fala
Português !"