Subject Re: [IBO] TIB_LookupCombo
Author Raymond Kennington
Dion Oliphant wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following tables
>
> Person
> ------
> PersonId ID Firstname Surname
>
> Member
> ------
> MemberId Firstname Surname
>
> CoveredMem
> ----------
> MemberId PersonId OptionId FundId
>
> I use qryCoveredFamMem to add Covered members to the CoveredMem table.
> qryCoveredFamMem is a join of CoveredMem and Person - Fields are a combo of
> both tables.
>
> I need to display a drop down of the person table with the ID field as the
> lookup field, but the field to be inserted into the CoveredMem table must be

It is necessary to connect the main table's stored field with the lookup table's field
that is being stored.

This is due to the need to provide a connection between the tables. What you search on,
sort by, filter by and display is a separate issue.

'lookup field' means the matching field, namely PersonID in this case.

Raymond Kennington