Subject RE: [IBO] Login and Data Display
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 12:55 AM 13-08-02 -0400, you wrote:
>Helen,
>
>I went back and perfected the forms with tib_ components as given in the
>sample. I have nearly everything working as designed (but see more recent
>e-mail on this list).
>
>I then saved the form under a different name and began ripping things out,
>and adding tiboDataBase and tiboQuery, while keeping the tib_DataSource,
>nav/update bars, etc..
>
>At design time I set all the tibo_queries' active properties to true, no
>problem. Both data sources point to an existing .gdb. However, none of the
>tib_DataSources sees any queries in its DataSet dropdown. What is missing?

Wrong datalinking, unfortunately. TIBO* data access components need
TDatasource datalinking and link through to VCL and other
TDatasource-compatible controls. As I explained in the second message,
they are not compatible with the TIB_Datasource and the TIB_*
controls. Please re-read the paragraph beginning "They are two different
sets of components."

The other thing you have to do, of course, is open the connection and the
datasets explicitly at run-time.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com