Subject Re: [IBO] Filters
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:07 PM 11-07-02 +0000, you wrote:
>I am using an IBOQuery
>I have a simple sql statement
>SELECT Name, Type FROM MyTable
>
>I set the filter to be
>TYPE=1
>
>I set the dataset to be filtered.
>I run the query.
>
>I get the error
>SQL Error -206
>Column unknown
>TYPE
>
>I tried changing the column name same error.
>I tried using a different column same error.
>
>Does the filter property of the IBOQuery not work?

It looks as if the tool you used to define your table has imposed
case-sensitivity on your identifiers. If so, you will have to use
double-quotes around all of your identifiers and also ensure that they are
correct for case. For example:

SELECT "Name", "Type" FROM MyTable

This little "feature" was introduced in IB 6 as an option, to enable people
to use illegal words as identifiers (like your use of the reserved word
TYPE as a column identifier).

This isn't a matter of IBO filters not working - it's a matter of the way
your metadata have been set up.

Old IB hands have long ago learned to avoid illegal words as identifiers
and eschew quoted identifiers (which are optional) with a passion....yet C
programmers (including Geoff) will argue just as passionately FOR the
quoted identifiers - so it gets down to preference ultimately...

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com