Subject Re: [IBO] SQL for 'cannot edit...'
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 03:19 AM 05-07-02 +0000, you wrote:
>P.S. the SQL for the IBOQuery/result set is as follows:
>
>Select H.EVID, H.DAYNUM, H.DATETIME, H.DEFAULTTEXT, H.EDITEDTEXT
> >From HITEVENT H, ASPDAYS A
>Where A.DAYNUM = H.DAYNUM Order By H.DATETIME

At the risk of another brusque reply, I'll attempt to get you going with
this. Please understand we are all volunteers and it's not always easy to
pinpoint a problem when you fail to post vital information.

In an SQL statement you can perform a DML operation on only one
table...Joined datasets are therefore, by nature, not updatable. In IBO,
you can make it so by one of two ways:

If you only want to update one of the tables, set the KeyRelation property
to the name of the table which is to receive inserts, updates and
deletes. The columns from the KeyRelation table will be updatable, the
rest will be read-only.

If you want to update (insert, edit, delete) on more than one table, write
stored procedures to do that work, and place Execute calls to those SPs in
the relevant xxxxSQL properties of the IBOQuery, passing to them the
keylinks of the joined dataset as input parameters.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com