Subject Re: IBO with IB 4.x in a DLL
Author ancpru
--- In IBObjects@y..., "Jason Wharton" <jwharton@i...> wrote:
> I highly recommend you migrate your IB 4 database to Firebird. IB 4
is
> notorious for crashing when doing metadata updates while other
users are
> active in a database.

The problem is that this is not really easy. The customer has
workstations with ib4.x on different places and there are no leased
lines to these places. The transfer of program-updates is possible
via modem, but they should be small.

What I do not understand is that IB crashes with an exception. When
the update runs the 2nd time there are no updates. All the program
does is to query a few RDB$-tables to check the structure. The only
update it always performs is a CREATE TRIGGER/ALTER TRIGGER,
depending if it's here or not. But it does not crash always - just
sometimes.

Can it be a BDE-problem? Is there a chance that it runs better via
IBO - and does IBO support IB4?