Subject RE: [IBO] Pessimistic locking problem (possibly OT)
Author Stuart Hunt
Set,
tried it and it works great. Thanx very much.
The IBOObjects group comes up trumps once again :-)

Stuart

-----Original Message-----
From: Svein Erling Tysvær
[mailto:svein.erling.tysvaer@...]
Sent: Wednesday, 03 July 2002 12:23 PM
To: ibobjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] Pessimistic locking problem (possibly OT)

Stuart,
I can see one potensial problem with your solution: What if a user creates
a document, then insert into change before cancelling the document? This
kind of scenario can never work with a FK.

But you do not mention anything about that bit, so I assume you have
thought about that situation.

For your current problem, I suggest you add another table - a copy of the
document table populated through triggers on the document table. Then set
the foreign key to point to this new table.

I'm not certain this will work, but it is worth a try.