Subject Re: [IBO] Hourglass
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 10:32 PM 01-07-02 -0700, you wrote:
>Since converting my app from BDE to IBO, there's something that I've
>just realized has been missing. It's the "SQL" hourglass. Whenever the
>BDE was working on something (executing a query, refreshing, etc.), it
>would change the cursor to an SQL hourglass. This was nice because it
>let the user know that it was working on something. That appears to be
>gone in IBO.
>
>My users have started complaining that my application "freezes" at
>times. It isn't really frozen. It's just that they don't realize that
>it's working on something.
>
>Is there a way to turn the automatic hourglass on in IBO, or does it
>simply not do this?

IBO giveth, it doth not take away! <g>

Drop a TIB_SessionProps on your form or datamodule and set the properties
UseCursor (boolean, default false), BusyCursor (defaults to crHourglass but
you can choose) and YieldCursor (defaults to the standard Windows
yieldcursor, an hourglass with an arrow). You even get to choose which
"busy" cursors your user will see.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com