Subject Re: [IBO] Variant method calls not supported Exception
Author Damian Dowling
At 22:41 29/05/2002, you wrote:
>I've no idea what could be the trouble. But, obviously the value is NULL so
>that should be taken into consideration. It used to be that I was more
>sloppy with variants but now (as of a few months at least) I handle variants
>exactly as they should be.
>
>Jason Wharton

Jason

The following works fine:

CName := Query.FieldValues['Name'];

where "CName" is declared as a "string".

I just recently switched from C++ Builder 5 to Delphi 6 and am still
learning Delphi, so it may be something that i am unknowingly doing. Since
the above is working i will stick to that for now, unless anyone has a
reason for me not too.

Regards

Damian Dowling
IT Manager