Subject Re: [IBO] Master Detail Structure with IBOQery
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 03:13 PM 29-05-02 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Helen,
>
><<<You can do just about anything you want with your visual (native
>IBO-based) dataset and simply capture its latest SQL specs and pass them
>over to your report. >>>
>
>Thank you for your fast reply. I've encapsulated all the business logic in a
>middle step that RB gives me just before it process the SQL fetch data step.
>What i am looking is a way to substitute in daIBO the slower IBOQuery for
>fast IB_Query or even faster IB_Cursors, but i don't know if an
>unidirectional cursor satisfy client report engines.

As I said, I don't know about ReportBuilder. As far as QuickReport goes,
it needs the TDataset field objects...

Keep watching - there are plenty here who use RB...just wait for them to
wake up.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com