Subject Re: [IBO] IB_Query-PropertyEditor and AccessViolation every time
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 10:18 AM 27-05-02 +0200, Guido wrote:
>I posted it several times in the list, that I get an access violation in
>module IBO40CRT_D5.bpl, when I open the PropertyEditor of IB_Query. Then
>I have to kill the Delphi-process in the task-manager. Today I started
>from scratch on a new computer. I installed Delphi, installed IBO, then
>opened my project and I get the error again. Here are some tests:
>
>1) I open my project and change the prepared-property in the
>object-inspector of any Query to true. Then close all and all is fine.
>2) I open my project and open the property-editor of any query by
>double-clicking it. Then I try to prepare the query with the
>toolbar-button and get an access violation in module IBO40CRT_D5.bpl.
>Then I close the property-editor and close all and Delphi hangs up.
>3) I open my project and change the prepared-property in the
>object-inspector of any Query to true. Then I open the property-editor
>of the query, but the query is unprepared (is this the wanted behaviour
>? ). Then I try to prepare the query with the toolbar-button and get an
>access violation in module IBO40CRT_D5.bpl. Then I close the
>property-editor and close all and Delphi hangs up.
>
>And now I get the access violation, only when I open the propertyEditor.
>
>Perhaps someone could tell me, what are the differences between
>preparing a query in the object-inspector and in the propertyEditor.

Guido,
I have to say I don't know, but I doubt there is any difference. I've just
simply never had this problem with *any* version of a Delphi or IBO
design-time package. I use both indiscriminately without mishaps. Both
the Object Inspector and the property editor correctly report the Prepared
status of a statement.

Is your creation order OK? Is is possible you have any data objects
with dependencies on objects that are not created until run-time? e.g. a
form that is created before a data module?

A silly question, are you trying to prepare a statement which has no
SQL? Sometimes we just overlook the *most* obvious things. What does the
monitor tell you, in those conditions where you are actually able to
initiate a Prepare?

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com