Subject Re: [IBO] UPDATE the users-table in isc4.gdb
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:21 PM 06-05-02 +0000, you wrote:
>Thanks, but I already have that article. What I'm looking for is the
>SQL-code that encrypts the passwords when using UPDATE (or INSERT).
>
>-Petter-

It's not done with SQL code, it's performed by the engine using an
algorithm known only to the engine. In SQL, the password is passed "in
clear" from the application to the gds client, the client encrypts it for
transport and then the engine unravels that.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com