Subject Re: [IBO] TIB_Connection.AfterConnect() not firing when attempting to connect second time...
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 05:39 PM 26-03-02 -0800, Dion wrote:

>Hi ,
>
>I trap the connect error in the OnError event of the TIB_Connection
>component. When the user attempts to specify a correct path and tries to
>logon again, the AfterConnect of the TIB_Connect component is not triggered.
>
>I am using IB v4.2.E.

Dion,
I've seen this message several times now and I'm really just as nonplussed
as ever about how to answer it. The short answer, I guess, is that
AfterConnect won't fire until a connection is actually made...so you need
to go back a step, find out what is preventing the connection and fix that.

There are other, earlier events you can tap into: Before Connect,
OnLoginFailure, to name but two.

What does your OnError handler actually do about a failed login?

Sorry I can't offer more direct help but you are not providing any
information, either about the source of the login problem or what you are
doing to handle it...

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com