Subject Re: [IBO] Error in TIBOQuery
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 11:18 AM 26-03-02 +0100, you wrote:
>I have a TIBOQuery component in D5 with the following SQL statement:
>'Select (Sum(Menge*Preis)+Sum(Versicherungspreis)) from Orderd where
>(Linknummer="12345") and (retoure="1") and (NOT (Zaehler in (Select Zaehler
>from Rueckzaehler where Ordernummer="12345")))'
>As soon as I open the query, I get an error message telling me something of
>an invalid column reference. this worked with IBO3 but started to generate
>the error after upgrading to IBO4 and firebird 1.0

Jan,
You have a couple of issues here. First of all, double-quotes on strings
are no longer valid in IB 6 or Firebird. Double-quotes now have a specific
syntactic use and strings MUST be single-quoted. Either of these
double-quoted strings could be the source of your "invalid column
reference", since Firebird expects anything in double-quotes to be a
metadata object.

Second, you almost certainly need to use the AS keyword in IBO4 and
provide a name for the output column, when outputting a computed column, as
you do here.

Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com