Subject Unsubscribing
Author Gary Kind
Hi,

Sorry for the dumb ?, how do I unsubscribe?

Thanks

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Bergeron [mailto:info@...]
Sent: 20 March 2002 09:00
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Problem with Calculated fields. IBO Newbie, D6 and IB6
Intermediate

Hi!

I Have a simple query.

Select * from Client in a TIB_Query. This TIB_Query's name is dbBug.

I have a CalculatedField: C_CALCNOTEL varchar(25)

In the OnCalculateField event, I have theses lines:

with AField do
begin
if FieldName = 'C_CALCNOTEL' then
begin
asString := '('+ARow.ByName('C_CodeNoTel').asString+')'+
ARow.ByName('C_NoTel').asString;
if ARow.ByName('C_NoTelPoste').asString <> '' then
asString := asString + '#' +
ARow.ByName('C_NoTelPoste').asString;
end;
end;

In the OnKeyPress of a TEdit, I have theses lines:

if key = #13 then
begin
key := #0;
if Edit1.Text <> '' then
begin
dbBug.Locate('C_Nom', VarArrayOf([Edit1.Text]),
[lopCaseInsensitive]);
end;
end;

The TEdit purpose is to look for a particular name in the table.

Finally, I have a grid that display about 10-15 records.

Now... in the TEdit, when I enter a name that's not shown in the DBGrid, I
get the following error:

"Project Project1.exe raised exception class EIB_StatementError with message
'FieldName: C_NoTelPoste not found'. Process stopped. Use Step or Run to
continue'

If I'm unclear, I've made a sample application that illustrate my behavior.

Thank you for your time.

VB